Three Factors Causing Homosexuality
Why do some people prefer same-sex sexual behavior? Penyebab orang menjadi gay? There is still no clear and definite answer, and there is no complete theory that can be rigorously verified. However, physiological factors, family factors and psychological motivation factors can all offer some explanations.
1. Physiological Factors
There is now more and more evidence that physical factors are the main cause of homosexuality. The research results show that the following factors have a great relationship with homosexuality.
– Deficiency or excess of male hormones in the gonads during fetus
– There is a problem with the gender-specific differentiation of the central nervous system, and the brain center that determines sexual orientation is blocked
– Too few male hormones (testicles) during growth
-Women who have too many male hormones and too few physiological estrogens (female hormones) have proven to be more likely to become gay or bisexual
– There is a high proportion of homosexuals with low sperm counts and a high incidence of abnormal sperm
In general, if the central nervous system responsible for sexual orientation in a man’s brain fails to be virilized at the same time as other parts of the body, and the secretion of male hormones is problematic, he is more likely to become a homosexual; if women have too much Male hormones and lower estrogens make it easy to become lesbians.
2. Family Factors
Freudian scholars attribute homosexuality to childhood pressure, especially a strong, overprotective mother coupled with a weak, powerless, and hostile father will make boys lack proper identification with male images.
According to a study by psychologist Bieber and colleagues (1962), it is believed that the following reasons make men gay:
– Lack of sexidentify for the father, and over-reliance on the mother.
– The mother showed distrust of other women and transferred this emotion to her son.
– There are too many women around, such as mothers, elder sisters, aunts, aunts, etc., so that the boy’s thoughts, words and deeds tend to be feminine, and he is accustomed to female behavior patterns.
– The father hoped to have a daughter but he gave birth to a son, so he consciously or unconsciously raised him into a girl.
– A son who is often scolded and despised by his father.
– Both parents have a sense of fear and strong rejection of sex; growing up in this kind of family makes children have a distorted conception of sex, so it is difficult to adapt to heterosexual life after growing up.
– Mothers love their sons too much, causing the abnormal emotional connection between mother and child to be too strong, making the son believe that there is no one in the world comparable to his mother and enough to be his spouse.
The reasons for lesbianism are different. The loss of a mother may not cause homosexuality, but the unstable family environment and parental discord will affect it.
– Women have experiences of emotional trauma: for example, being raped, or sold as prostitutes, thinking that they cannot get along with men and feel insecure
– Believe that you are incompetent with men, do not believe in men, or hate the relationship between men and women
– Some feminist activists also have examples of homosexual behavior due to hostility to men.
– The mother makes her daughter feel afraid to be a woman, or her parents strongly hope that she is a male, and arrange an obvious male gender socialization experience.
3. Psychological Motivation Factors
How a person develops his inner psychological self (intraPsychic) has a significant impact on his sexual orientation and identity. A person’s gender recognition includes: gender identity, gender stability, and gender consistency. The main problem of gay indo is the problem of gender identity. Due to the physiological needs and parent-child interaction, from infants to childhood, through the contact, nurturing and care of adults, they gradually develop a basic attitude towards their own body, and cultivate an integration and overall understanding of their own gender orientation. The normal situation is: he or she understands that he or she is an independent individual, accepts his or her gender, and plays an appropriate gender role. However, the development of homosexuals has obstacles in this respect and cannot meet the expectations of ordinary people. Play a social role consistent with the original biological sex.
From an integrated point of view, sexual preference may come from the experience of repeatedly acting as one’s own infringement, or it may be learned from the sexual preference behavior shown on television and other media. As people grow older, people will assess from the socialization process that which method is more likely to be realized and more acceptable to society. For most people, the need for sexual preference is gradually transformed into a sexual fantasy under social repression, and they learn to use normal sexual behavior to relieve their sexual needs. But for people who prefer sexual behaviors, they also have the ability to have normal sexual behaviors. Usually sexual preference behaviors can be controlled or suppressed or hidden; only under pressure or internal conflicts, these preferential sexual behaviors will appear.